The Hummingbird Group has three pillars of excellence, which draws from years of firsthand experience.
NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
- The Hummingbird Group has over 15 years of working with nonprofit organizations of all sizes, in various roles from professional employment, board membership, design and as an advocate and advisor.
- The Hummingbird Group can employ a variety of techniques to assist your company, such as:
- Work Sessions: Conduct work sessions with boards to help create a cohesive team
- Roles and Responsibilities Identification: Assess and recommend board roles and responsibilities and identify opportunities within current board structures
- Brand Guideline Creation: Create cohesive brand style guidelines to instruct all marketing, advertising and communication materials
- Financial Acumen Application: Assist in yearly budget creation and accountability
- Grant Writing 101: Advise on how to begin the Grant Writing process
- Conflict Management: Within the board and/or with the Executive Director
- Trusted Advising: Provide a third-party perspective to any challenge your organization may come across from staffing, to financial to development of employees/staff
- International Student: Experience with enrolling international students in universities/colleges in the United States
- Social Media Calendar: Work with the organization to develop a social media calendar around key times of the year
- Communications Planning: Develop an in-depth multi-channel communications plans to help the organization meet their business goals
- Strategic Guidance: Create organizational personas to use as a roadmap for communication channel and message selection
Jessica has completed online courses in How to Resolve Unresolvable Conflicts in Nonprofits and Grant Writing: Keys to a Successful Proposal.
- Jessica has personally performed over 2,500 hours of formal public speaking over the past 11 years. Her audiences have ranged from quarterly business meetings, onboarding senior clients, facilitating new business work sessions with university seniors as well as with nonprofit boards who were ready to move to the next level.
- Jessica personally mentored and coached numerous team members and peers on further developing not only their presentation skills, but also their storytelling abilities.
- Jessica served as a judge for the regional Congress and Speech tournaments, which selected high school students from the St. Louis area to progress to the state competition.
Jessica has completed online courses in Public Speaking Training & Facilitating.
- Marketing Operations: No project or account is too complex for The Hummingbird Group. With over 11 years of multi-channel, multi-partner integration and operation experience, The Hummingbird Group brings a unique and holistic approach to tasks such as communications planning, facilitating brainstorming session, product launching, and the development of training processes and curriculum.
- Request for Proposal/Request for Quote: The Hummingbird Group has over 12 years of experience executing and facilitating RFP/RFQs and is prepared to help you draft or apply for them.
- Government Contracting: The Hummingbird Group’s founder, Jessica Schroer, has over 12 years of government contracting experience as well as a Contract Management certificate from St. Louis University.
- Design Expertise: Through The Hummingbird Group’s network, we can provide both design and website implementation to any organization at an affordable price.
The Hummingbird Group brings over 12 years of government contracting, management and execution, experience which is supported by Jessica L. Schroer’s Contract Management certificate from St. Louis University, in addition to completing online courses in Planning Risk Management.